Reader Comments on Aardvark Daily 4 December 2001
Note: the comments below are the unabridged
submissions of readers and do
not necessarily reflect the opinions of the publisher.
From: digitaldunk For : The Editor (for publication) Subj: dork scooter vs. my vespa here are some facts on my use of a piaggo px150 vespa for a year in auckland.Now Have Your Say
on the negative.
- cost $2000 nz
- goes 120km on about $5 gas
- goes 100km per hour
- you don't have to pay to park in any pay and display car park (though 1 person in 1 car thinks they should move it onto the footpath because 1 person in 1 car is more important than 1 person on a scooter)
- can carry 1doz beer in the tardis like glove box and 6 shopping bags on the helmet hook ( + a 19inch monitor if you have a back rack)
- no trafic - the best time to travel is during rush hour when there seems to be no traffic at all on a scooter, only nice little lanes built just for you.
- It's styled in Italy, built of steel, has a spare wheel, 4 gears and you can do a wheelie over the entire habour bridge.
- you can get 2 people on it.
- because of the front sheild you don't really get too wet in the rain.
i'm sure if you compared the "greenness" of the two you would find the Vespa on top as you still have to charge the geek scooter from a power plant and how do you dispose of all those nice battries ? also note the a vespa is the 'big boy' of the scooter market any comments other than general abuse welcome. From: Camryn Brown For : The Editor (for publication) Subj: Daleks I always wondered how Daleks moved around... I guess they're built around Segway HTs From: billqwerty For : The Editor (for publication) Subj: Segway/Ginger/IT Silly expensive gadget. And it's a motor vehicle, so won't be on the footpaths... at least, I hope not. So licensing will be required, presumably for both scooters and operators. Bicycles and automobiles are already an uncomfortable pair when sharing roads. Now these?
- you need a helmet
- you need a motorcycle license ( though 90% of scooter rides don't bother as you become invisable to police)
- you ride on the road (though if eveyone had a geek scooter i'm sure it wouldn't be long before there are lanes on the footpath)
Home | Today's Headlines | Contact | New Sites | Job Centre | Investment Centre